Advertise with us
Afterall is recognised as a leader in the field in providing in-depth critical studies of contemporary art through extended essays published in both journal and book form, symposiums and digital projects.
Afterall.org on average reaches 20,000 monthly views. Our physical Afterall journal publications has a circulation of 2,000 copies, distributed worldwide.
To advertise with Afterall, or for more information on rates, deadlines or production specifications, please contact: email@example.com
Printed ad specs
- All adverts must be defined by a border (except bleeds)
- Please supply your advertisement as a print-ready PDF.
- Please provide all images, scans, fonts and logos.
- Image resolution must be at least 300dpi at the site at which advertisements are to be reproduced.
- Please provide a matchprint (colour where appropriate) indicating visual appearance, size and cropping.
- No full bleeds for half-page or quarter-page advertisements.
Full Page Adverts
Full Bleed / With Margins
Half-page and Quarter-page Adverts
No full bleeds.
Inside Back Cover and Back Cover
Full Bleed / With Margins
Online ad specs
- Ads must be supplied at 1440 w x 180 h pixels as a colour gif or jpeg file (animated gif files are supported), please ensure resolution is set to 150dpi.
- Please provide your organisation’s logo and URL for the hyperlinked advertisement.
- Online advertisements start at the 1st of the month and the artwork is due two weeks in advance.
- Please contact our Arianna Mercado firstname.lastname@example.org for the latest rates.
- Prices are exclusive of VAT (EU tax).
- Print ad invoices will be issued on publication by University of Chicago Press on behalf of Afterall, and therefore ﬁnal amounts will be agreed and charged in US dollars (USD) according to exchange rates as of the booking deadline.
Terms and conditions
- Editors reserve the right to reject or cancel any advertisement upon receipt if its content is considered inappropriate or in breach of any copyright libel laws.
- Positioning of advertisements is agreed by the art director and the editors.
- Additional charges will be considered if alterations to copy or design are made.
- Cancellation of advertisements to be made 40 days prior to publication or a 50% charge will be issued. In case of cancellation of multiple-issue bookings, published advertisements will be charged at single issue prices, and a 50% charge will apply to the remaining
- Failure to submit artwork by the agreed copy deadline will be considered as a cancellation.
- VAT: UK advertisers will be charged VAT at 20%, unless they are a charity. Charities need to provide a charity number. EU advertisers are outside the scope of UK VAT and will not be charged UK VAT at 20% but should report the VAT on this transaction on their returns (under the ‘reverse charge mechanism’). Non EU advertisiers are outside the scope of UK VAT and will not be charged VAT. VAT registration numbers (and charity numbers where applicable) must be declared by advertisers regardless of exemption status. Failure to provide these may result in unnecessary changes.